Adherence to State and Local Guidelines
Above all, professional photographers believe in being good community citizens. We urge all to work cooperatively with state and local leaders to provide a safe environment. By adhering to guidelines set forth by the Centers for Disease Control, we believe we can reopen photography studios safely, and at the same time, contribute in to the emotional and financial healing process that needs to take place in a post-COVID-19 world.
Personal Protective Equipment
The use of PPE such as masks and gloves should be used while working with clients (other than on-camera talent). We request that masks be used in any/all common areas of our studios. We will continue this measure through the end of phase three as outlined in recently released federal guidelines. The guidelines can be found at: Opening Up America Again | The White House.
Employees & Guidelines
Anyone who is sick should be expected to stay home. Break rooms or other common areas of the studio will be thoroughly cleaned and sanitized, and not used for congregating by employees or clients.
Social Distancing / No Touch
Photographers should maintain social distancing, using no-touch posing methods when at all possible. Until further notice is received from the CDC and other health officials, the maximum gathering for a photographic shoot of 10 or fewer persons will be permitted. No more than 5 is preferred.
By Appointment Only
We will hold to strict appointment times, allowing sufficient time to sanitize photographic equipment and common areas after each client booking. Only one client (or small group) will be allowed in studio facilities at any given time.
- How are you feeling?
- Have you had a cough or any flu-like or COVID symptoms in the last 14 days?
- Have you been around anyone exhibiting these symptoms with the last 14 days?
- Are you living with anyone who is sick or quarantined?
Adherence to Sanitation Protocols
Standard sanitation protocols prior to each client include but not be limited to:
- Washing hands regularly before and after photographic sessions
- Sanitation of all props, chairs, benches with which a client may come into contact
- Sanitation of restroom/dressing facilities
- Sanitation of common areas, including doorknobs (interior and exterior), counter tops, pens and pencils, tablets and monitors
- Removal of unnecessary paper products or decor (magazines, newspapers, extraneous sales materials)
Thank you for helping us maintain a safe studio environment for our clients and employees!
Download a PDF version of this policy.
Photo by Anton on Unsplash